Grant application: Wiki Women Workshop for Indic Languages in DC
Please tell us a little about yourself. If you are uncomfortable with posting any of the requested information publicly, please contact the Grants Committee for assistance.
- (1) What is your name?
- (2) What is your email address?
- (3) Do you currently reside in the United States? If not, please specify your country of residence.
- (4) Are you requesting this grant on behalf of an organization or group? If so, please provide the name of the group.
On behalf of Indians living in DC area. (I have received request from small group of housewives/house-makers)
Description of purpose
Please tell us a little about the project or activity for which you are requesting funding. Please provide enough detail to allow us to evaluate how your request aligns with our charitable mission.
- (5) What is the purpose for which the funding will be used?
- To print material/merchandise
- Food/refreshment for participants
- (6) How does this purpose align with our mission?
- Reach out to more Indian house-makers to increase their understanding of how Wikimedia projects work, and enable them to pass this knowledge on to others.
- Improving and building upon contributions to Wikimedia projects in English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Commons etc.
- Increasing visibility, reach and access to Wikimedia projects amongst Indians, especially in DC.
- Sign up participants/house-makers interested in our various activities & any other training workshops planned.
- Conduct outreach sessions in universities, student fests, fairs etc.
Please tell us a little about the funding you need. To expedite review of your application, please provide as much detail as possible.
- (7) How much funding do you need?
- (8) When will you need funding?
- (9) What specific costs will the funding cover?