This is a list of ideas for the use of emotion recognition software collected from community members and friends of the Adaptive Technology Program at the DC Public Library.
- Integrate software with a calendar, so that measurements of emotion can be displayed over time, hooked up to reminders, etc.
- Display media that is ballencing to the measured emotions, to ballence the environment -- play soft music or excited music -- display colors to match.
- App that lets you select face expressions and tones of voice from videos and name them -- to teach the system to recognize problem or desired situations. tap the screen in real time to record the environment and teach the app to recognize it and then have an optional alarm or identification.
- Stuttering corrector time-delay replay of tone of voice with variable settings to train people towards or away from habitual emotional expressions.
- Game that is incorporated into real life and encourages you to smile a lot and often, since your brain can't tell the difference.
- Ability to attach smile as trigger to enter key or mouse click, to encourage all-day happiness.
- Facebook or twitter app called happier that will post "(user) is happier as measured by simple-emotion" triggered by a smile and/or happy tone of voice that exceeds the previous measurement.
- Tug of war game where the harder you smile the better, to encourage anaerobic happiness exercise.
- Villain/hero/princess matching smile/frown/kiss game
- Network of blind folks to come up with their own rating system of facial expression description by sharing data.
- Happiness level measurement of a room, audience or group.
- Happiness quotient, like stock readout point system:
Level, stability, direction, volume, market share For companies, to measure customer service performance Match up with other statistics like sales, grade level of employees
- A measurement of "tone" in text, to assess the tone of an email - socially networked version of this, that learns from its experience.
- A matching of the flecksey kepboard swipe app and simple emotion so that algorhithmic measurements of tone and expression can be mapped onto text.
- A system that alerts you that "X% of other times that that tone of voice has been used (based on a database of recognized YouTube videos), so-and-so has happened, or there has been a fight, or there has been an escalation of tone of voice, etc. And then warns you, or plays ballencing media.
- Tactile alerts for privacy
- Standardized (intense versus relaxed)-o-meter, standardized sense of intensity of emotion.
- Search system based on emotional expression, that measures the emotional tone of an environment and then recalls matched or ballencing media.