From Wikimedia District of Columbia
Revision as of 07:21, 21 August 2016 by James Hare (2016 election)
Each year, the members of Wikimedia District of Columbia elects members to the Board of Directors. Each elected member serves a two-year term. The terms are staggered so that no more than three elected members can be replaced at a given time.
- 2011 election—First election; all seats up for election. Four members elected to two-year terms, with two members opting for one-year terms. One seat left vacant, with a member subsequently appointed to a one-year term.
- February 2013 election—Held in lieu of a 2012 election. Four seats were up for election: three expiring seats plus one seat caused by a resignation mid-term. Three members were elected, with the fourth later being appointed.
- October 2013 election—The regular 2013 election. Four seats were up for election. Three members were elected, with Nicholas Bashour continuing to hold his seat following the end of his term.
- 2014 election—Four seats were up for election: three expiring seats, plus the seat not filled from the last election (filled in the interim by Nicholas Bashour). Three members were elected to two-year terms, and one was elected to a one-year term.
- 2015 election—Three members were elected to two-year terms.
- 2016 election—Three members will be elected to two-year terms.