From Wikimedia District of Columbia
| Your application must include the following information:
- The full legal name of the person or organization requesting the grant;
- The amount of grant funding requested; and
- A description of the purpose of the grant.
A sample application is shown below:
Please tell us a little about yourself. If you are uncomfortable with posting any of the requested information publicly, please contact the Grants Committee for assistance.
- (1) What is your name?
- John Doe
- (2) What is your email address?
- (3) Do you currently reside in the United States? If not, please specify your country of residence.
- (4) Are you requesting this grant on behalf of an organization or group? If so, please provide the name of the group.
Description of purpose
Please tell us a little about the project or activity for which you are requesting funding. Please provide enough detail to allow us to evaluate how your request aligns with our charitable mission.
- (5) What is the purpose for which the funding will be used?
- On the weekend on September 1-2, 2012, Wikipedians in Wilmington, Delaware will travel around the Delaware Valley taking pictures of statues and other landmarks for the Wiki Loves Monuments contest. Photos will be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. The person who takes the best photograph will win a prize.
- (6) How does this purpose align with our mission?
- The Wiki Loves Monuments contest generates educational photographs under a free license, as well as promoting the advancement of general knowledge at a national and regional level.
Please tell us a little about the funding you need. To expedite review of your application, please provide as much detail as possible.
- (7) How much funding do you need?
- (8) When will you need funding?
- September 1, 2012
- (9) What specific costs will the funding cover?
- Supplies: $100
- Refreshments: $100
- Prize: $100