Difference between revisions of "Internal:Library Lab/Washingtonian photos"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:57, 16 September 2011
This project seeks to digitize photographs from the Washingtonian special collections and make them available online.
- portable usb hard drive and/or large flash drives
- laptop or computer
- software: GIMP
- scan to hard drive or flash drive
- upload them to staging area (http://omeka.org/)
- populate metadata, check copyright status
- then to Wikimedia Commons
- The Washington Post holds copyright of all Washington Star photographs
- Washington, D.C. Historical Image Collection contains 15,000 images, 1880-1940 and some earlier dated