Internal:Wikipedia Day and Public Domain Day
From Wikimedia District of Columbia
Revision as of 19:10, 5 December 2020 by Econterms (updates)
WikiDC would like to hold some kind of event in 2021, perhaps with partners, to recognize two things:
- (1) Wikipedia Day, Jan 15 2021, when Wikipedia turns 20, and
- (2) Public Domain Day, Jan 1, when materials first published in the U.S. in 1925 become part of the public domain. (And many materials around the world, with varying years and dates.
- Possible speakers and partners
- Rob Fernandez who spoke to new materials in the public domain last year (or the year before)
- Copyright profs at American U. (Peter will contact)
- John Mark Ockerbloom had a WCNA presentation in San Diego about research on which materials are not copyrighted that you might think were copyrighted.
- We could hold an editathon on something related?
Peter is collecting suggestions.