Difference between revisions of "User:Aude/Sandbox"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
==Draft bylaw changes==
==Draft bylaw changes==
Latest revision as of 19:00, 13 November 2011
- doodle to arrange times to meet with event planners
- doodle to arrange times to meet with GWU
- need business cards ASAP!
- graphical design - sponsorship package!
- bylaw updates!
- chapter agreement
- schedule next social meetup (sunday/monday?)
Wheras the Wiki Society of Washington, DC values openness and transparency; and
Whereas the identity and past experience of its elected officials is a matter of significant concern to the general membership of the organization, and of its partners and potential partners;
Be it resolved that, in order to be a qualified candidate for election, every candidate for the Board of Directors shall:
- explicitly mention of any sanctions imposed by any Wikimedia project's governing structure in said candidate statement. (This may exclude short blocks imposed by an individual administrator, but must include any block or ban exceeding one month in duration;
- Include link(s) which lead, either directly or through a link on the page linked, to all accounts on Wikimedia projects that have been controlled or operated by the candidate; and which clearly indicate any "blocked" status on any project;
- Disclose his or her given name as well as any usernames used in Wikimedia projects in his or her candidate statement.
And, be it resolved that:
Every sitting Director shall maintain, on his or her Wikimedia DC user page and on the Board of Directors page, a biography containing the information required of candidates for the Board of Directors. In addition, each sitting Director shall thoroughly disclose the prominent elements of his or her background in Wikimedia projects in his or her biography.
Draft bylaw changes
- Mail-in voting: Allow mail-in voting, maybe with some geographic (live in region?) and/or participation requirement (attend 1-2 meetups or society events in past year?) in order to cast mail-in ballot.
- Majority voting vs plurality voting
- The Board of Directors shall have five (5) members, or minimum of 5
- External auditor
- Capital expenditures in excess of $2,500.00 must be approved by a majority of those present and voting at a Membership Meeting. <-- $1,000 would limit things like equipment purchases for the Library Lab... even if we got a grant or sponsorship for it
Board of Directors vacancies
copied from wmf bylaws as example
Any Director of the Society may resign at any time by giving written notice to the Board of Directors, to the chairman of the board, to the vice-chair, or to the secretary of the Foundation. Any such resignation shall take effect at the time specified therein, or, if the time be not specified therein, upon its acceptance by the Board of Directors.
Any vacancy occurring in the Board of Directors may be filled by the affirmative vote of a majority of the remaining Trustees though less than a quorum of the Board of Trustees. A Trustee appointed to fill a vacancy shall serve as Trustee for the unexpired portion of the term for that position.
- Replacement of Board Members.
Should a Director resign, become incapacitated or otherwise be unable to serve, the remaining Directors may appoint an interim representative.
Any Director may be removed by a majority vote of the full membership of the Board.
Any officer or agent elected or appointed by the Board of Directors may be removed by the Board of Directors whenever, in its judgment, the best interests of the Society would be served thereby.
A vacancy, however occurring, in any office may be filled by the Board of Directors for the unexpired portion of the term.
Any officer of the Society may resign at any time by giving written notice to the Board of Directors, to the Board President, to the Vice President, or to the Secretary of the Society. Any such resignation shall take effect at the time specified therein, or, if the time be not specified therein, upon its acceptance by the Board of Directors.