Jump to navigation Jump to search
I'm Peter Benjamin Meyer. I'm in the Wikimedia DC chapter.
My regular user page is on the English Wikipedia.
- FDC = Funds Dissemination Committee at Wikimedia Foundation
- Night Owls -- possible cosponsor: http://nightowls.dcacm.org/
- Saylor Foundation: named for MicroStrategy founder; develops open textbook/educ materials; sponsored Wikimania 2012.
- 501(c)(3) -- a category of tax exemption administered by the IRS -- tax deductibility for donors, both individual and business ; need to tweak application to IRS and add some specific language about disbursing $
- Wiki-DC's Events 2012 grant
- Wiki-DC also got a Wiki Loves Monuments USA 2012 grant
- and a bootstrap grant
- Wiki DC committed to advocating for Internet freedom (along the SOPA/PIPA issue line) and has some budget capacity for this. contact person at Lofgren's office is senior legislative counsel: harley.geiger at mail.house.gov ; 225-3072.
- A conference idea for 2013 is a GLAM bootcamp ; Dominic has suggested it
- It is conceivable that Wiki DC could get a federal contract ; e.g. for a Wikimedian in residence or a NARA project. These are longshots.
- The Berlin Agreement refers to the founding of the Chapters Association
- Active Board documents are often listed here: Internal:Dashboard
- Review: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Slowking4/congressional_briefing_agenda
- Candidacy? Follow up on Board_of_Directors and Internal:Board election (February 2013)
- Saylor Foundation was a sponsor: Wikimania 2012 press release