I'm Peter Benjamin Meyer. For Wikimedia & chapter purposes I can be reached at email@example.com.
I'm on the board of directors of this chapter, elected in 2013 and last elected in Nov 2016 and 2018.
My regular user page is on the English Wikipedia.
Ongoing chapter business
- Public policy joint workspace
- Audit arrangements
- Glossary for Wiki-DC
- /Vaccine partnership possibility
- AWHI and Women in Red
- All our chapter meetups: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/DC
- Add to Donate page -- how to designate Wikimedia DC on smile.amazon.com
- We also sponsored the New England meeting:  ;  ; 
- Our chapter uses a growing number of software platforms, including: github, trello, quickbooks, meetup.com, WorPress, . . .
- Fiscal sponsorship of Art + Feminism, whose chiefs are Michael Mandiberg, Jacqueline Mobey-, Siân Evans, and Dorothy Howard -- grant is for $11226, here. The money arrived 12/12/2014 and $15 went to wire transfer costs.
- /June 2015 meeting
- /AAAS meeting
- /Online harassment reference points
- /Congressional staff edits
- /Konkani editathon -- an interesting prospect
- firstname.lastname@example.org goes to all board and Wiki DC committee members -- I don't know who else, if anyone
- /Affiliates Conference April 2016
- Effie at SI on Wikidata
- U South Florida SOLIS: 
- /Photo competitions
- /Partnership with Agnes Scott College
- /Child care
Web site maintenance
- My preferred message when blocking spammers: Spamming links to external sites: Blocked per Technology access policy, article V
- Parameters to use when blocking a spammer: account creation disabled, email disabled, cannot edit own talk page
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Strategy_2017 -- follow up wikidata strategy flow
- [wikiconferenceusa.org/wiki/Submissions:2015/Making_2016_the_Wikipedia_Year_of_Science 2016 Year of Science]
- fill out: /Wikiscience proposal draft
- possible blog post: /Wikipedia is not doomed
- review: http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2013/10/the-annual-meeting-is-upon-us/
- Help organize edit-a-thons:
- /Possible GHI-Goethe-Institute edit-a-thon
- Wikisource edit-a-thon -- need funding; tentative time and place: the 2014 WikiConference USA, tentatively May 30-June 1, 2014 -- organizers are Pharos, HareJ, and (Jen), recent NY LS grad and organizer of FCX2013 and on board of Free Culture Foundation)
- National Geographic Society edit-a-thon
- Possible Harvard club edit-a-thon
- /Possible Government procurement edit-a-thon
- keep working Event_guide/Edit-a-thon and Internal:Partnership guide
- in 2014: /Bylaws tweaks for the future; present WikiDC activities next yr to NYC conference as lightning talk
- draft /presentation for GLAM Boot Camp on chapters and funding
- broken but want to follow up: list of verified users on this wiki ; we're not using https: (aka SSL) on this wiki.
- List of Econterms user space on this wiki
- recent changes, excluding new-accounts and user space
- examine later: https://transcription.si.edu/project/6631
- Org development coordinator
- GLAM-wiki org is under construction and this employee would support that; they are or have been a user group ; not incorporated ; dominc and lori
- we do meeting support for nara too
Scientific photography contest possibility 2017
- local winners must be announced in January 2018 at the latest and international jury must have the list of the local winner by the second week of January.
- We hope to announce the overall intl winners in February.
- In the international competition there are 5 categories you can submit the winners, but locally it will be up to you on how many images you feature.
- In Estonia where this competition started there are special prizes. Companies provide them. US chapters might want/need to do that.
- Competition subpages have mostly been on Wikipedia. Example: https://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikipeedia:Teadusfoto_2015
- US chapters could also propose 1-2 members for the international jury.
- our chapter could organize this competition for the United States!
- the contest itself will take place in November?
- would you need the results of the US competition provided to the international jury, or any other schedule constraints that we should know about?
- Would you also be looking to us for funding the prizes for the US completion, or do you have a different plan in place for that?
- Science photo competition is coming again in this November: http://www.wikisciencecompetition.org/
- Based on the last competition in 2015 it's reasonable to assume that there could be ca 10 000 participants and over 50 000 submissions this time.
- there's a need to find enough local organizers who would take care of local country-based sub-competitions.
- June contacts from Ivo
- The task is relatively simple: there has to be someone, who would promote the competition locally and set up a jury to select the local winners.
- Any interest in Wikimedia District of Columbia about organizing this competition in the USA?
- I was a candidate for the Wiki-DC board of directors in the 2013, 2014, and 2016 elections. Here were my candidacy statements in Feb/Mar 2013, in 2014, and in 2016.
- My Report from the 2013 WikiSym/OpenSym conference, Aug 2013
- Economic History Association presentation about Wikipedia -- went well! Sept 2013
- Annual budget plan thru Sept 2014 -- Aug-Nov 2013
- Statistics editathon -- Dec 8, 2013
- Updated with nonprofit language: Internal:Annual financial report (2012–2013) -- Oct 2013-Jan 2014
- I am no longer the treasurer, but I was. Treasurer duties and updates
- I was the chair of the elections committee to run the Sept 2019 elections to the Wiki DC board. Concluded in Dec 2019.
- We signed on (June 2020) to the petition supported by the Society of American Archivists addressed to WIPO to encourage national governments to give permission to cultural institutions to make backup copies (for "digital preservation") without violating copyright: , , ,