User:Econterms/Possible statistics edit-a-thon
Can collaborate with some mix of Statistics Without Borders, International Statistical Year, ASA, and WSS. Probably good to advertise on Wikipedia:WikiProject Statistics. On a Saturday afternoon maybe, or evening. Possibly as soon as late March or late April.
- training for newbies
- tour or talk? some activity. Description of WikiData would be good. Anything User:Ram-Man can tell us about how he uploaded Census data for 2000 would be good. Perhaps Justin can describe his experience teaching survey stats in North Korea. (No kidding.)
- Adding/updating particular pages
- The MLK library is convenient for hosts Peter and Justin. Peter will need to confirm: (1) that we can have good net access there; (2) that we can have refreshments there; (3) that we could give little talks there.
- There are other options: Tenleytown library, wiki-DC conference room, a room at a coffee shop/restaurant. would want to have room for 20. Peter will gather advice from the wiki-dc board.
We'd want to have three or four who are sure to come, just in case it doesn't draw interest. Peter Meyer and Justin Fisher can run it. Other edit-a-thons have had as many as 25, so we need room in case it does draw interest.
Ah! Some people wrote: How to run an edit-a-thon
- we anticipate that wiki-DC can sponsor refreshments and/or materials