User:Econterms/Treasurer duties and updates
< User:EcontermsJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 00:44, 20 April 2013 by Econterms (clarification on treasurer duties re grants cmte)
I'm the treasurer of this chapter as of the February 2013 chapter board meeting and I'm figuring out here.
- Each month I'm to send a report to the board on the chapter's cash position, and a report from the Fundraising committee, and a report from our Grants-giving committee. The summary becomes public after Board approval, which is routine each month.
- As chair of grant cmte I shall give feedback on grant applications to the president, then for approved grants I'm to work out with the applicant how and when the money is transferred (see http://wikimediadc.org/wiki/Grants_policy, Articles IV and V).
- Our cash position is stable and improving. We can host routine events and we have an important grant application in to the Wikimedia Foundation; with that we can hold a big event too. Members are joining at a good clip, and we need more.
- Accounting standards: We're to follow GAAP.
- Note of interest: It is conceivable that Wiki DC could get a federal contract ; e.g. for a Wikimedian in residence or a NARA project. These are longshots.