Grant application: Harvard Business School Wikipedia Workshop - March 2015
Please tell us a little about yourself. If you are uncomfortable with posting any of the requested information publicly, please contact the Grants Committee for assistance.
- (1) What is your name?
- (2) What is your email address?
- (3) Do you currently reside in the United States? If not, please specify your country of residence.
- (4) Are you requesting this grant on behalf of an organization or group? If so, please provide the name of the group.
On Behalf of Indian Wikipedians in U.S
Description of purpose
Please tell us a little about the project or activity for which you are requesting funding. Please provide enough detail to allow us to evaluate how your request aligns with our charitable mission.
- (5) What is the purpose for which the funding will be used?
- Wiki Workshop before Harvard India Conference.
- Participation in conference
- Travel and accommodation costs.
- (6) How does this purpose align with our mission?
Contribution to Wikimedia DC Mission
- Increase participation
- The India Conference at Harvard is one of the largest India conferences in the US. It is hosted at the Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School by the graduate students of Harvard University.
- This crowd of Indian community scientists, writers, academics, students, and online activists are an ideal pool of candidates both for potential editors and spreading the message of the importance of wiki participation by their colleagues and respective organization's volunteers.
- Personally I am using Wikipedia to enhance learning by adding related topics content and it is helping me alot.
- I will encourage students to follow same.
- Improve quality
- During Indic Language Wikipedia Workshop, local Language Wikipedia Projects can be improved.
- Participants can give feedback to proposed Indic Language Wiki Workshops which will improve overall proposal.
- Increase reach
- In addition to possible editor recruitment, the organization and community leaders present have enormous influence over how tools like Wikipedia are both used and promoted by organization and community projects.
- Indic Language Wiki Projects increased reach.
This is hypothesis based (anticipated) outcome:
- Increased participation by Harvard Scholars in Wiki Project.
- Volunteer recruitment for proposed Indic Language Wiki Workshops
- Possible Bridge between Harvard and Wikipedia Education Program
- Increased visibility and usage of WMF projects by Indian students in Harvard and Boston area.
- Improvement of Indic WikiProjects.
- Wikipedia Club at Harvard Business School
Please tell us a little about the funding you need. To expedite review of your application, please provide as much detail as possible.
- Abhishek Suryawanshi
- Abhay Natu
- Shweta Kokate
- (7) How much funding do you need?
- (8) When will you need funding?
- Tickets : asap
- Rest : 5th March 2015
- (9) What specific costs will the funding cover?
- Travel (Abhay Natu - Round trip airfare from Colorado to Boston): USD $510
(Shweta Kokate- Round trip airfare from DC to Boston): USD $150
- Accommodation: USD 80 per night x 4 nights = USD $320
- Meals : USD 20 x 2 x 4 days = USD $160
- Conference Registration : USD $110
- Workshop Seminar Hall :