- doodle to arrange times to meet with event planners
- doodle to arrange times to meet with GWU
- need business cards ASAP!
- graphical design - sponsorship package!
- bylaw updates!
- chapter agreement
- schedule next social meetup (sunday/monday?)
Draft bylaw changes
- Mail-in voting: Allow mail-in voting, maybe with some geographic (live in region?) and/or participation requirement (attend 1-2 meetups or society events in past year?) in order to cast mail-in ballot.
- Majority voting vs plurality voting
- The Board of Directors shall have five (5) members, or minimum of 5
- External auditor
- Capital expenditures in excess of $2,500.00 must be approved by a majority of those present and voting at a Membership Meeting. <-- $1,000 would limit things like equipment purchases for the Library Lab... even if we got a grant or sponsorship for it
Board of Directors vacancies
copied from wmf bylaws as example
Any Director of the Society may resign at any time by giving written notice to the Board of Directors, to the chairman of the board, to the vice-chair, or to the secretary of the Foundation. Any such resignation shall take effect at the time specified therein, or, if the time be not specified therein, upon its acceptance by the Board of Directors.
Any vacancy occurring in the Board of Directors may be filled by the affirmative vote of a majority of the remaining Trustees though less than a quorum of the Board of Trustees. A Trustee appointed to fill a vacancy shall serve as Trustee for the unexpired portion of the term for that position.
- Replacement of Board Members.
Should a Director resign, become incapacitated or otherwise be unable to serve, the remaining Directors may appoint an interim representative.
Any Director may be removed by a majority vote of the full membership of the Board.
Any officer or agent elected or appointed by the Board of Directors may be removed by the Board of Directors whenever, in its judgment, the best interests of the Society would be served thereby.
A vacancy, however occurring, in any office may be filled by the Board of Directors for the unexpired portion of the term.
Any officer of the Society may resign at any time by giving written notice to the Board of Directors, to the Board President, to the Vice President, or to the Secretary of the Society. Any such resignation shall take effect at the time specified therein, or, if the time be not specified therein, upon its acceptance by the Board of Directors.