Internal:Wikipedia Day and Public Domain Day
Jump to navigation Jump to search
We'd like to hold some kind of event, perhaps with partners, to recognize:
- (1) Wikipedia Day, Jan 15 2021, when Wikipedia turns 20, and
- (2) Public Domain Day, Jan 1, when materials first published in the U.S. in 1925 become part of the public domain. (And many materials around the world, with varying years and dates.
There are many such public domain materials:
- Possible speakers and partners
- Rob Fernandez who spoke to new materials in the public domain
- Copyright profs at American U. (Peter will contact)
- John Mark Ockerbloom had a WCNA presentation in San Diego about research on which materials are not copyrighted that you might think were copyrighted.
- We could hold an editathon on something related?
Peter is collecting suggestions.