From Wikimedia District of Columbia
I'm Peter Benjamin Meyer. For Wikimedia & chapter purposes I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My regular user page is on the English Wikipedia.
Ongoing chapter business
- Public policy joint workspace
- Need to audit chapter's finances from 2014-2015.
- Glossary for Wiki-DC
- All our chapter meetups: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/DC
- We also sponsored the New England meeting:  ;  ; 
- Our chapter uses a growing number of software platforms, including: github, trello, quickbooks, meetup.com, WorPress, . . .
- Fiscal sponsorship of Art + Feminism, whose chiefs are Michael Mandiberg, Jacqueline Mobey-, Siân Evans, and Dorothy Howard -- grant is for $11226, here. The money arrived 12/12/2014 and $15 went to wire transfer costs.
- /June 2015 meeting
- /AAAS meeting
- /Online harassment reference points
- /Congressional staff edits
- /Konkani editathon -- an interesting prospect
- email@example.com goes to all board and Wiki DC committee members -- I don't know who else, if anyone
- /Affiliates Conference April 2016
- Effie at SI on Wikidata
- U South Florida SOLIS: 
- /Photo competitions
- /Partnership with Agnes Scott College
Web site maintenance
- My preferred message when blocking spammers: Spamming links to external sites: Blocked per Technology access policy, article V
- Parameters to use when blocking a spammer: account creation disabled, email disabled, cannot edit own talk page
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Strategy_2017 -- follow up wikidata strategy flow
- [wikiconferenceusa.org/wiki/Submissions:2015/Making_2016_the_Wikipedia_Year_of_Science 2016 Year of Science]
- fill out: /Wikiscience proposal draft
- possible blog post: /Wikipedia is not doomed
- review: http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2013/10/the-annual-meeting-is-upon-us/
- Help organize edit-a-thons:
- /Possible GHI-Goethe-Institute edit-a-thon
- Wikisource edit-a-thon -- need funding; tentative time and place: the 2014 WikiConference USA, tentatively May 30-June 1, 2014 -- organizers are Pharos, HareJ, and (Jen), recent NY LS grad and organizer of FCX2013 and on board of Free Culture Foundation)
- National Geographic Society edit-a-thon
- Possible Harvard club edit-a-thon
- /Possible Government procurement edit-a-thon
- keep working Event_guide/Edit-a-thon and Internal:Partnership guide
- in 2014: /Bylaws tweaks for the future; present WikiDC activities next yr to NYC conference as lightning talk
- draft /presentation for GLAM Boot Camp on chapters and funding
- broken but want to follow up: list of verified users on this wiki ; we're not using https: (aka SSL) on this wiki.
- List of Econterms user space on this wiki
- recent changes, excluding new-accounts and user space
- examine later: https://transcription.si.edu/project/6631
- Org development coordinator
- GLAM-wiki org is under construction and this employee would support that; they are or have been a user group ; not incorporated ; dominc and lori
- we do meeting support for nara too
Scientific photography contest possibility 2017
- local winners must be announced in January 2018 at the latest and international jury must have the list of the local winner by the second week of January.
- We hope to announce the overall intl winners in February.
- In the international competition there are 5 categories you can submit the winners, but locally it will be up to you on how many images you feature.
- In Estonia where this competition started there are special prizes. Companies provide them. US chapters might want/need to do that.
- Competition subpages have mostly been on Wikipedia. Example: https://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikipeedia:Teadusfoto_2015
- US chapters could also propose 1-2 members for the international jury.
- our chapter could organize this competition for the United States!
- the contest itself will take place in November?
- would you need the results of the US competition provided to the international jury, or any other schedule constraints that we should know about?
- Would you also be looking to us for funding the prizes for the US completion, or do you have a different plan in place for that?
- Science photo competition is coming again in this November: http://www.wikisciencecompetition.org/
- Based on the last competition in 2015 it's reasonable to assume that there could be ca 10 000 participants and over 50 000 submissions this time.
- there's a need to find enough local organizers who would take care of local country-based sub-competitions.
- June contacts from Ivo
- The task is relatively simple: there has to be someone, who would promote the competition locally and set up a jury to select the local winners.
- Any interest in Wikimedia District of Columbia about organizing this competition in the USA?
- I was a candidate for the Wiki-DC board of directors in the 2013, 2014, and 2016 elections. Here were my candidacy statements in Feb/Mar 2013, in 2014, and in 2016.
- My Report from the 2013 WikiSym/OpenSym conference, Aug 2013
- Economic History Association presentation about Wikipedia -- went well! Sept 2013
- Annual budget plan thru Sept 2014 -- Aug-Nov 2013
- Statistics editathon -- Dec 8, 2013
- Updated with nonprofit language: Internal:Annual financial report (2012–2013) -- Oct 2013-Jan 2014
- I am no longer the treasurer, but I was. Treasurer duties and updates