All nominations must be submitted by October 25 at 11:59 PM (EDT).
Eligibility: You must be a current member of Wikimedia DC as of November 14, 2022 in order to run. Any questions regarding your membership status should be directed to the Secretary at email@example.com. You will also need to confirm that you meet certain legal requirements to serve as a Director in the District of Columbia.
|See the full list of eligibility requirements
In order to be eligible for election to the Board, an individual seeking election (the "Candidate") shall be required to comply with all of the following criteria:
- (a) Membership. The Candidate shall be a member in good standing of Wikimedia District of Columbia.
- (b) Majority. The Candidate shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age, or have otherwise attained legal majority.
- (c) Sound Mind. The Candidate shall not have been declared to be of unsound mind by a final order of court.
- (d) No Breach of Duty. The Candidate shall not have been found by a final order of court to have breached a duty as a director under the District of Columbia Nonprofit Corporations Act.
- (e) No Prohibiting Order. The Candidate shall not be subject to any final order of court prohibiting the Candidate from serving as a director.
- (f) Clean Hands. The Candidate shall not owe more than one hundred dollars ($100) in outstanding debt to the District of Columbia.
Wikimedia District of Columbia Election Policy, Article IV, Section 1
In addition to the eligibility requirements, you will be asked to make public disclosures about potential conflicts of interest, relationships with other Wikimedia movement organization, and certain other factors that could affect your ability to serve as a member of the Board, or could adversely impact Wikimedia DC if you are elected.
|See the full list of mandatory disclosures
Each Candidate shall be required to make certain disclosures as part of said Candidate's nomination statement:
- (a) Conflict of Interest. Whether the Candidate has a direct or indirect financial interest in any ongoing or planned transaction or arrangement undertaken by Wikimedia District of Columbia;
- (b) Conflict of Duty. Whether the Candidate is subject to any law, regulation, agreement, or other covenant, whether as a condition of employment by a party other than Wikimedia District of Columbia or otherwise, that would prevent the Candidate from taking full part in the deliberations of the Board, or that would require the Candidate to excuse themselves from such deliberations in circumstances other than those related to a financial conflict of interest;
- (c) Felony Convictions. Whether the candidate has, in the past ten (10) years, been convicted of any felony;
- (d) Relationship with Wikimedia Organizations. Whether the Candidate is an employee, director, officer, or agent of the Wikimedia Foundation, or of any Wikimedia chapter other than Wikimedia District of Columbia; or otherwise holds a fiduciary duty to said organizations; and
- (e) Relationship with Wikimedia Projects. Whether the Candidate has ever participated in any project operated by the Wikimedia Foundation or any Wikimedia chapter; and, if so, whether the Candidate has ever been subject to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to, the imposition of any restriction on the Candidate's ability to fully and freely participate in said project) by the community of said project, or by any body convened for the purpose of undertaking such disciplinary action on said project.
Wikimedia District of Columbia Election Policy, Article V, Section 1
If you refuse to make the requested disclosures, you will still be permitted to stand for election; however, your refusal will be indicated in the official election materials, and may affect your chances of winning.
Becoming a candidate: To submit your candidacy for election, please prepare a nomination package containing the following information:
- (1) Your full legal name;
- (2) A statement certifying that you meet the eligibility criteria listed above;
- (3) A statement regarding each mandatory disclosure listed above; and
- (4) A candidate statement up to five hundred (500) words in length.
The complete nomination package should be sent to the Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the Election Committee has verified that your nomination package is complete, you will be officially certified as a candidate, and the statements you submitted will be published for the voters to review.
All ballots must be received by close of business December 12, either by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to Wikimedia District of Columbia, P.O. Box 9822, Washington, DC 20016. Any ballot received after this time will not be counted.
Candidate statements: Candidate statements will be available on the candidate page. All eligible voters are invited to review the statements and to ask questions of the candidates.
Eligibility: You must be a current member of Wikimedia DC as of November 14, 2022 in order to vote. Any questions regarding your membership status should be directed to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ballots: The electronic ballot will be emailed to the email address on file. If your address has changed, please send your new address to the Secretary at email@example.com by November 14 at 11:59 PM (EST).
You have a choice of two ways in which to return your ballot:
- Ballots may be emailed to the Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that, if you choose to email your ballot, the members of the Election Committee will be able to associate your individual ballot with your name.
- Ballots may be printed and mailed to Wikimedia District of Columbia, P.O. Box 9822, Washington, DC 20016. If having a secret ballot is important to you, you will need to print and mail your electronic ballot.