Each year, the members of Wikimedia DC elect members to the Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for managing the business affairs of the organization in accordance with the Bylaws.
This year, four seats are up for election. All four elected seats will serve two-year terms ending in October 2015. Instructions for candidates and voters are presented below. Please note that these instructions are summaries; for full details of the rules governing the election process, please consult the Election Policy. Any questions regarding the election should be directed to the Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The period for nominations is closed. The candidates are as follows:
The candidates this election are:
All eligible voters are invited to review the statements linked to above and to ask questions of the candidates.
To vote in the election
All ballots must be received by Tuesday, October 22.
- You must be a current member of Wikimedia DC as of September 30, 2013 in order to vote. Any questions regarding your membership status should be directed to the Secretary at email@example.com.
- To receive a paper ballot:
- All members as of September 30 will receive a ballot for voting in the election. Paper ballots will be mailed to the address on file. If your address has changed, please send your new address to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- Once you fill out your ballot, you will need to return it to Wikimedia DC. The paper ballot includes a pre-addressed, stamped envelope; please use this envelope to mail your ballot for processing.
- To receive an electronic ballot:
- If receiving a paper ballot is not convenient for you, you may request an electronic ballot instead. Requests for electronic ballots must be submitted to the Secretary at email@example.com immediately. The electronic ballot is identical to the paper ballot, and will be emailed to the email address on file.
- Electronic ballots may either be printed and mailed, or emailed to the Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that, if you choose to email your ballot, the members of the Election Committee will be able to associate your individual ballot with your name. If having a secret ballot is important to you, you will need to print and mail your electronic ballot.
- All ballots must be received by close of business Tuesday, October 22. Any ballot received after this time will not be counted.